Rob was born in South Africa to an English mother & South African father & grew up there. After finishing his education he travelled extensively receiving tuition from various portrait painters in the USA & Europe.
Rob became a professional portrait painter at the age of 23 & since then has had a very fulfilling career spanning nearly 40 years. He has given live portrait demonstrations on TV shows in the USA, Mauritius & South Africa. He has also written articles for several publications including The Artist (UK), International Artist & The South African Artist magazines.
Rob currently divides his time between the UK & South Africa & is available for portrait commissions in both countries. He also produces a limited number of other works each year which are available via his represented galleries. Rob is highly sought after for demonstrations & spends most of the UK summer & autumn demonstrating his skills at various art societies as well as hosting hands-on portrait painting workshops. In the winter he returns to his beach front studio in South Africa where he gains inspiration for & paints the majority of the work seen in his galleries.
- Portrait Institute - New York
- Riverbend Art Gallery - South Africa
- Henry Taylor Art Gallery - South Africa
- Gallery Anne - Botswana
- David Ryan Gallery - California
- Jacque Baissac gallery - Mauritius
- Marti D'Art Gallery - South Africa
- Depictions Gallery - South Africa
- Artists' Gallery KZN - South AFrica
- The Barn Gallery, Patchings Art Centre - UK